This guard provides the required protection when mounted correctly.
- This wood lathe guard mounts on most lathes
- Lathes used for turning long pieces of wood stock held only between the two centers shall be equipped with long curved guards extending over the tops of the lathes in order to prevent the work pieces from being thrown out of the machines if they should become loose.
- Flat, rectangular front panels that afford a panoramic view of the work area, with little or no distortion.
- Clear 3/16-inch thick PETG with an extruded aluminum alloy frame for maximum strength and safety.
- Friction-drag type hinges that hold front panels in any set position, yet allow them to be raised clean of the work area with a reasonable amount of effort. Models with double front panels can be set together or individually as desired.
- Positive down-locks on the front panel(s) to maintain the operating position of the shield, yet allowing a quick unlock to gain access to the work area.
- Convenient, left/right adjustment to optimum position for either outboard, faceplate or between-centers turning.
- A universal-type mounting system that permits limited fore and aft, vertical and angular adjustment. System is adaptable to most any lathe.
- A rugged wire grid back shield with an optional clear PETG liner.
- Safety Shield: 36" wide