Tapeswitch TS-6 Mini Sensing Edge
Low profile, pressure sensitive safety edges with high sensitivity and immediate actuation with no overtravel.
Tapeswitch TS-6 Mini Sensing Edge is designed for limited space applications requiring a high sensitivity, pressure sensitive safety edge. The TS-6 is 0.33 in. high and requires 1.5 lbs. to activate.
This pressure sensitive sensing edge has PVC housings, which are resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching elements are rated for 3 million operations at any point. They mount in snap-in channel that is available in two configurations: flat (aluminum or PVC) or with a right-angle mounting edge (aluminum only). All TS-6 pressure sensitive safety edges are supplied with 4-lead Fail-Safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch Safety Controllers.
Features & Benefits
- Typical Applications Low profile for limited space applications
- High sensitivity, low compliance for immediate activation
- Some over-travel allows compression after activation
- 4-lead Fail-Safe wiring is standard
- Pinch protection on scissor lifts, machinery edges, and medical tables
- Obstruction detection on automatic doors, moving shelves, and storage systems
- Residential and commercial sensing application
Please Note: All edges are custom made to order and require a 1 week lead time.
Length Part Number Price 1 ft 5001 $56.25 2 ft 5002 $64.75 3 ft 5003 $73.25 4 ft 5004 $81.75 5 ft 5004 $90.25 6 ft 5006 $98.75 7 ft 5007 $107.25 8ft 5008 $115.75
- Actuation Force 1.5 lb. (6.7 N) nominal for TS-6
- Overtravel 0.04 in. (1 mm) after activation for TS-6
- Recommended Voltage & Current 28 VAC or VDC at 1.0 amps max.
- Lead Wiring 2 x 22/2 AWG, 4-wire Fail-Safe, 18 in. long
- Exterior Housing PVC
- Available Lengths 1 ft. - 8 ft. (custom sizes available)
- Environment IP67, -10 to 145°F (-23 to 63°C)
- Mounting Options (all are snap-in) Aluminum channel (flat or flanged), PVC channel (flat only)