Tapeswitch TS-48 Sensing Edges
Medium profile, pressure sensitive safety edges with a snap-in mounting, some compliance before actuation, and 3/4" overtravel Tapeswitch TS-48 Sensing Edges are general purpose, medium profile, pressure sensitive safety edges. They have some compliance before activation, eliminating nuisance tripping, and provide about ¾” of overtravel cushioning after activation. These safety edges also exhibit excellent side activation. Mounting is by means of snap-in channel that is available in three configurations: flat (aluminum or PVC) and with a straight or right-angle flange (aluminum only).
The Santoprene TPE housing is resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching element is rated for 3 million operations at any point. All TS-48 Pressure Sensitive Sensing Edges are supplied with 4-lead fail-safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch Safety Controllers.
Features & Benefits
- Compliance before activation eliminates nuisance tripping
- 3/4 "over travel provides cushioning after activation
- Excellent side activation properties
- 4-lead fail-safe wiring is standard
- Obstruction detection on power operated doors, gates, and stage lifts
- Collision detection on moving conveyors or platforms
- General applications for small sensing bumpers
Length Price 1 ft $193.50 2 ft $222.50 3 ft $251.50 4 ft $280.50 5 ft $309.50 6 ft $338.50 7 ft $367.50 8 ft $396.50
Specifications for TS-48 Sensing Edges
- Actuation Force 10 lbs (44 N) nominal
- Overtravel 0.75" (19 mm) after activation
- Recommended Voltage & Current 28 Vac or Vdc at 1.0 amps max.
- Lead Wiring 2 x 20/2 AWG, Dri-Run, 72" long, 3/16" dia.
- Exterior Housing Santoprene TPE
- Available Lengths 6 in to 16 ft
- Environment IP67, -30 to 170°F (-34 to 77 °C)
- Mounting Options Aluminum channel (flat or flanged) PVC channel (flat only)