Tapeswitch TS-46 Sensing Edges
Medium profile, pressure sensitive safety edges with a crimp-on mounting, some compliance before actuation, and 3/4 in. overtravel.
Tapeswitch TS-46 Sensing Edges are general purpose, medium profile, pressure sensitive safety edges. They have some compliance before activation, eliminating nuisance tripping, and provide about 3/4 in. of overtravel cushioning after activation. These safety edges also exhibit excellent side activation. Mounting is in crimpable aluminum channel (flat or angle), which is more tamper-resistant than snap-in channel.
The Santoprene TPE housing is resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching element is rated for 3 million operations at any point. All TS-46 Pressure Sensitive Sensing Edges are supplied with 4-lead Fail-Safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch Safety Controllers.
Features & Benefits
- Compliance before activation eliminates nuisance tripping
- 3/4 in. over travel provides cushioning after activation
- Excellent side activation properties
- 4-lead Fail-Safe wiring is standard
- Obstruction detection on power operated doors, gates, and stage lifts
- Collision detection on moving conveyors or platforms
- General applications for small sensing bumpers
Length Price 1 ft $193.50 2 ft $226.50 3 ft $259.50 4 ft $292.50 5 ft $325.50 6 ft $358.50 7 ft $39150 8 ft $424.50
Specifications for TS-46 Sensing Edges
- Actuation Force 10 lbs. (44 N) nominal
- Overtravel 0.75 in. (19 mm) after activation
- Recommended Voltage & Current 28 VAC or VDC at 1.0 amps max.
- Lead Wiring 2 x 20/2 AWG, Dri-Run, 72 in. long, 3/16in. dia.
- Exterior Housing Santoprene TPE
- Available Lengths 6 in. to 16 ft.
- Environment IP67, -30 to 170°F (-34 to 77°C)
- Mounting Options Aluminum crimpable channel (flat or angle)
- * The TS-46 Sensing Edge has the same properties as the TS-48 Sesning Edge, but has a different mounting style.