Tapeswitch TS-57 Sensing Edges
High sensitivity, pressure sensitive safety edges with no compliance for fastest activation and substantial overtravel for maximum cushioning Tapeswitch TS-57 Sensing Edges are designed for powered doors and other applications requiring the most sensitive switching and the fastest activation. This pressure sensitive safety edges differ from the TS-47 mainly in overall height and the amount of overtravel cushioning. Mounting is by means of snap-in channel that is available in three configurations: flat (aluminum or PVC) and with a straight or right-angle flange (aluminum only).
The Santoprene TPE housings of these sensing edges are resistant to water, oil, hydraulic fluids, and coolants. The internal switching elements are rated for 3 million operations at any point. All TS-57 pressure-sensitive safety edges are supplied with 4-lead fail-safe wiring and are compatible with Tapeswitch Safety Controllers.
Features & Benefits
- High sensitivity with no compliance for fastest activation
- Substantial overtravel provides maximum cushioning after activation
- Specifically designed for powered doors and gates
- 4-lead fail-safe wiring is standard
- Obstruction detection on high-speed, gym doors, and moving partitions
- Side bumpers on AGVs and mobile platforms or machinery
- General sensing applications requiring fast response and protective cushioning
Length Price 1 ft $237.50 2 ft $266.25 3 ft $295.00 4 ft $323.75 5 ft $352.50 6 ft $381.25 7 ft $410.00 8 ft $438.75
Specifications for TS-57 Sensing Edges
- Actuation Force 1.2 lbs (5.3 N) nominal
- Overtravel 2.4" (61 mm) after activation for TS-57
- Recommended Voltage & Current 28 Vac or Vdc at 1.0 amps max.
- Lead Wiring 2 x 20/2 AWG, Dri-Run, 72" long, 3/16" dia.
- Exterior Housing Santoprene TPE
- Available Lengths 1 - 8ft (Custom sizes up to 16 ft available)
- Environment IP67, -30 to 170°F (-34 to 77 °C)
- Mounting Options Aluminum channel (flat or flanged) PVC channel (flat only)