Circular Frame - Press Ejection Curtain
Overhead circular mounting frame allows the ejection curtain to surround the complete press. Quickly becoming the new standard for presses that require guarding on all sides. These are the perfect hydraulic shop press accessories. Easy to use without hindering production.
Ejection curtains by Lovegreen, are fabricated from steel mesh. Material was originally intended to protect people in the vicinity of a bomb blast from flying shrapnel. Perfect for hydraulic press guarding on all sides where easy access is desired and safety can't be compromised.
These curtains are tough! Click on the image to the left to see just how tough they are.
An object that ejects from a hydraulic press can become a deadly projectile and cause serious injury if it hits the machine operator or another bystander. When properly installed, the safety mesh will stop dangerous, flying debris and allow it to fall safely to the ground.
"Yesterday two people working for us were using our 50 Ton press when the object they were pressing broke and was ejected at speed from the press. Fortunately one of your screens was in place saving them from injury. Just thought I'd let you know your product was a very valuable safety precaution for us and it worked as advertised and saved our people from harm." L.G.
Installing a steel mesh curtain by Lovegreen allows easy access to machines while providing a lower cost method of meeting hydraulic press guarding standards. Because the mesh is black, the press operator's eyes can easily focus on the point of operation. The curtains are lightweight, easy to install, maintenance free and allow natural light visibility.
- View Order Information
- Rigid, galvanized steel frame
- Circular mounting frame allow the ejection curtain to surround the complete press
- 1/4" x 19 gauge, steel, woven mesh
- Easy to install - View installation instructions
- Special Order Item. It is fabricated at the time of your order. Production leadtime is 1-3 business days
- The mesh is painted black to allow the operator's eyes to focus more easily on the point of operation
- Exceeded the ISC/GSA Performance Condition 3b criteria for acceptable levels of protection from glass fragment hazards during an explosion. (GSA-TS01-2003)
- Met the tougher Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 4-010-01 standard.
- Passed up to the following test conditions: Average peak pressure 6.2 psi, Average Maximum Impulse 41 psi-ms, Duration 16ms
- Includes: Curtain frame, steel mesh curtain, curtain hooks and installation bracket
Use the above image as a reference to custom build your own Press Ejection Curtain. Using measurements A-C, select the appropriate dimensions from the drop down boxes. Then, choose to guard the press in the front only, or the front and back sides. The dimensions you choose will determine the price of the custom press ejection curtain.
From the mesh manufacturer: Unlike other national and regional standards systems, the United States does not have an approved entity that can certify fully integrated and installed guard systems for safety compliance. The responsibility of ensuring compliance falls to the employer,installer and/or OEM. We are confident in our product, but as all applications are different it is imperative that you test our products for your particular installation. It is recommended that this application-specific analysis include testing to determine suitability from a technical as well as health, safety, and environmental standpoint.