Hydraulic Press Safety curtains are fabricated from steel mesh that was originally intended to protect people in the vicinity of a bomb blast from flying shrapnel. Perfect for hydraulic press safety on all sides where easy access is desired and safety can’t be compromised.
An object that ejects from a hydraulic press can become a deadly projectile and cause serious injury if it hits the machine operator or another bystander. When properly installed, the safety mesh will stop dangerous, flying debris and allow it to fall safely to the ground.
Installing a steel mesh curtain allow easy access to machines while providing a lower cost method of meeting hydraulic press guarding standards. The curtains are lightweight, easy to install, maintenance free and allow natural light visibility.
Press Safety Guard Features
- The mesh is painted black to allow the operator’s eyes to focus more easily on the point of operation
- Exceeded the ISC/GSA Performance Condition 3b criteria for acceptable levels of protection from glass fragment hazards during an explosion. (GSA-TS01-2003)
- Met the tougher Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 4-010-01 standard.
- Passed up to the following test conditions: Average peak pressure 6.2 psi, Average Maximum Impulse 41 psi-ms, Duration 16ms
- Meets current OSHA standards for guarding point of operation
- Rigid, galvanized steel frame
- Circular mounting frame allow the ejection curtain to surround the complete press
- 1/4″ x 19 gauge, steel, woven mesh
- Special Order Item. It is fabricated at the time of your order. Production leadtime is 1-3 business days
- View Order Information
- View installation instructions
- View Product Online
Contact us today with your questions, or for a no obligation, price quote to survey your areas of concern.You may reach us by email or call us toll-free at 800-262-8284, Monday thru Friday, 7am to 5pm CST.